Get your rate in minutes
No credit score impact
Borrow up to $100,000
How PrimeRates Works
PrimeRates provides access to personalized loan offers through our simple and quick pre-qualification application. Once you're pre-qualified, you can select the best offer for you and finalize the loan application with the lender.
Apply in minutes
Simple pre-qual application in less than 1 minute.
Select your loan offer
Choose the offer that best fits your needs.
Receive funds quickly
Finalize your loan offer, get approved, and receive funds.
Best Personal Loans $35,000 & Above
What credit score do you need for a $35,000 personal loan?
Borrowers should have a credit score above 620 to improve their chances of getting approved for a loan with a low interest rate and flexible repayment terms. While 620 is the minimum that a borrower should have, a credit score of 680 or above will help make applicants eligible for the lowest rates offered by a lender. Even if your credit score doesn’t meet either of these marks, however, there still may be personal loans of $35,000 that you can qualify for.
How much would a monthly payment be on a $35,000 loan?
A monthly payment on a $35,000 loan depends on the loan repayment terms, which are typically between two and five years on a loan of this size. For example, if you take out a loan of $35,000 with a 15.6% APR and four-year repayment term, your minimum monthly payment will be $984.75.
How does APR work on a $35,000 personal loan?
APR, or annual percentage rate is the amount of interest on the loan combined with any additional anticipated costs of the loan including an origination fee, which is typically between 0.99% and 5.99%, prepayment fees and check processing fees. If a loan does not have any additional fees, however, the APR will simply be equal to the interest rate.
Do I get access to all $35,000 right away?
A personal loan is almost always made entirely available to the borrower upon first disbursement. If you’re taking out a personal loan of $35,000, the lender will likely disburse the entire amount of the loan to your bank account within one business day to two weeks, depending on where you applied. However, even when the lender disburses the entirety of the loan, your individual bank may have additional processing times or limitations on how much money you can access at once.
How to Apply and Get a $35,000 Loan With Bad Credit
In order to apply for a personal loan of up to $35,000, you should have your personal credit score, recent bank statements and personal contact information available. Additionally, some lenders may also require a personal statement as to the reason why you’re taking out the loan and what you plan to do with it. Once you apply, it is up to the many lenders to approve your application if you have bad credit.
Best personal loans $35,000 and above
Now that you’re looking for a $35,000 personal loan, you might be wondering where to start. Let’s take a look at some of the best personal loan lenders and loan-matching services:
|APR range||5.34 — 35.99%|
|Available loan terms:||24 to 84 months|
|Loan amounts:||Up to $100,000|
|Time to fund:||Varies|
|Credit score needed:||Fair to Excellent|
|Income needed:||No Minimum|
|Soft Credit Check?||Yes|
|Best for:||Refinance your student loans, consolidate debt|
|Click "Check Rates" to apply to Credible|
Best For: Credible connects borrowers with personal loans between $1,000 and $100,000 for anything from minor home repairs to vehicle down payments and renovations. This lender is ideal for borrowers who have good to excellent credit who are looking to compare multiple loan offers using just one application.
- One form provides access to multiple lenders
- Quick to fund, with many loans funding within as little as one business day
- No extra fees to use the service or to apply
- Potential for APRs as low as 5.34%
- Flexible loan repayment terms of up to seven years
- Potential for high or extra fees, depending on the lender
- Smaller selection of lenders than other online loan-matching services
- Third-party lending means customer service might not be as accommodating as with a direct lender
|APR Range:||4.99 — 16.99% with AutoPay|
|Loan Terms:||2 to 7 years|
|Loan Amount:||$5,000 — $100,000|
|Time to Funding:||As soon as same day|
|LightStream:||Read Our Review|
|Click "Check Rates" to apply to LightStream|
Best For: Due to LightStream’s long repayment terms and low annual percentage rates, their loans are best for borrowers with excellent credit scores who are looking to make home improvements or consolidate debts.
- Allows co-signers
- APRs as low as 3.99%
- No origination, late fee or prepayment fees
- Maximum APR of 16.99%
- Autopay option
- Rate beat program
- Difficult for borrowers with average credit to qualify, with a minimum credit score requirement of 660
- Hard credit pull on loan applications
|APR:||4.99% — 29.99%|
|Loan Terms:||2 to 5 years|
|Loan Amount:||$10,000 — $35,000|
|Time to Fund:||As little as 2 days|
|Minimum Credit Score:||640+|
|Soft Credit Check?||Yes|
|FreedomPlus||Read Our Review|
|Click "Check Rates" to apply to FreedomPlus|
Best For: FreedomPlus is best for high credit and established borrowers who are looking to consolidate debts of up to $40,000 with direct payments made to creditors.
- Rates as low as 5.99%
- Repayment terms of up to five years
- Option to apply with co-signer or joint applicant
- Monthly repayments
- Minimum loan amount of $7,500
- Difficult for borrowers with credit scores below 670 to qualify
- Not available in several U.S. states including New York, New Hampshire and North Dakota
|Loan Terms:||3 to 5 years|
|Time to Funding:||As early as same day|
|Best Egg||Read Our Review|
|Click "Check Rates" to apply to BestEgg|
Best For: BestEgg is best for borrowers with high credit scores who are looking for funding for small to medium-sized home improvement projects, debt consolidation or vehicle down payments.
- Funding in as little as one business day
- Flexible repayment terms of three to five years
- Easy, fast online application
- Relatively low APRs, with a maximum of 29.99%
- Borrowers with credit scores below 640 or low annual incomes may have trouble qualifying
- Loan amounts are limited to $2,000 to $35,000
- Potential for high origination fees of up to 5.99%
- $15 late fee
- $15 returned payment fee
Most personal loans of up to $35,000 can fund within as little as a few business days, and often come with flexible repayment terms. Lenders like LightStream, FreedomPlus and BestEgg offer low-APR loans to highly qualified borrowers. No matter what your credit score or annual income look like, however, make sure to compare multiple lenders and offers before making a decision on the loan that’s right for you.
Top Personal Loan Articles
- Home Improvement Loans & Financing
- HVAC Financing For Good & Bad Credit
- Kitchen Remodel Financing
- Basement Remodel Financing
- Plumbing Work & Repair Financing
- Roof Financing For Good & Bad Credit
- Hot Tub Financing For Good & Bad Credit
- Swimming Pool Financing For Good & Bad Credit
- Contractor Financing