Fundation Small Business Loans Review
If you’re a business owner, chances are you’re going to come head to head with expenses that can’t be paid for out of pocket. If you have multiple employees and a strong financial history, it could be worth looking into Fundation’s business loans. With loan amounts ranging between $20,000 and $500,000, Fundation’s products can be used to finance business needs from large, emergency repairs to down payments on new vehicles or company equipment.
Fundation Business Loan Rates & Terms
- APR range: Fundation’s annual percentage rates range between 8% and 30%.
- Available loan terms: Their loan repayment terms start at one year with a maximum term of four years.
- Loan amounts: Fundation offers loans ranging between $20,000 and $500,000.
- Time to fund: Fundation offers some of the fastest funding rates in the industry, with most loans becoming available within just one to three business days.
- Origination fee: Fundation’s loans can come with an origination fee of up to 5%.
- Credit needed: To qualify for a loan with Fundation, you should have a credit score of 620 or above.
- Income needed: Fundation requires an annual revenue of at least $100,000.
- Soft Credit Check? Before applying for a Fundation loan, you should be prepared to pass a hard credit check which will show up on your report. The initial application only requires a soft credit check, but if you qualify and decide to move forward with the process you’ll be subjected to a hard check.
- Best for: Fundation’s loans are best for large business with three or more employees, who are looking to fund small- and medium-sized projects such as building and equipment repairs, or to make new equipment or vehicle purchases or down payments.
What Is Fundation?
Fundation is an online business term loan lender that offers products ranging between $20,000 and $500,000 to highly qualified borrowers. Their APRs are relatively low for the online loan industry, with rates ranging between 8% and 30%.
How Does Fundation Work?
Fundation works by offering borrowers large business loans at reasonable annual percentage rates. The entire process, from application to disbursement is online and does not require any in-person interviews or evaluations. However, borrowers also have the option to submit some of their documents in paper form. Once borrowers complete the multi-step application and are approved for a loan, they’ll receive access to the funds within one to three business days.
- Wide range of loan amounts
- Rates in the single digits for the most qualified borrowers
- Flexible repayment terms, with a maximum of four years
- Holistic approach to application review process
- Personal interview with application
- Telephone communication with customer service representatives throughout the application and borrowing process
- Option to refinance and increase borrowing amount after nine months of timely payments
- Short average time to fund
- Potential for high origination fees and annual percentage rates
- Businesses must have at least three employees to qualify
- Frequent repayments, with payments made every two weeks
How To Apply for a Fundation Business Loan?
Fundation’s application process involves multiple steps. The first thing you’ll do if you want a Fundation loan is fill out a business profile, which includes the most essential information about your organization, including the number of years in business, number of employees and your annual revenue. You’ll also need to complete a business profitability form, a business credit profile and personal credit profile.
Once you’ve submitted all of the necessary documents and information, the lender will perform a soft credit check. You’ll then be contacted by a Fundation representative who will verify the information that you’ve submitted. They will then perform a hard credit check, and if you’re approved, you’ll have access to funds within one to three days.
What You Need To Apply:
- Three months of business bank statements for loans of $100,000 or less
- Six months of business bank statements for loans larger than $100,000
- Two most recent business tax returns
- Most recent balance sheet
- Profit and loss statement
- Most recent debt schedule
Is Fundation Legit?
Fundation currently has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has no formal complaints listed on its BBB page. Additionally, it’s always a positive indicator of a lender’s credibility when borrowers and applicants both telephone and email access to live customer service representatives.
How Does Fundation Fund Their Loans?
Fundation is a direct lender, meaning that the company functions similarly to a traditional bank. Once borrowers are approved, they’ll receive access to the funds via direct deposit.
How Does Fundation Compare Vs OnDeck
While Fundation only offers business term loans, OnDeck offers both term loans and lines of credit. OnDeck also offers a wider range of amounts, with term loans starting at just $5,000. However, OnDeck borrowers risk being offered a product with a much higher annual percentage rate than Fundation’s rates, with APRs ranging up to 99% on term loans and up to 63% on lines of credit. OnDeck’s repayment terms are also less flexible, with daily or weekly payment requirements and a maximum term of 36 months.
» MORE: OnDeck business loans review
If you’re looking for a large loan for your business and you have strong financial qualifications, Fundation could be the right lender for you. With rates as low as 8%, loan amounts as high as $500,000 and relatively flexible repayment terms, this lender can help businesses fund their goals at a very affordable rate. No matter what your credit and financial history look like, however, borrowers should make sure to take the time to evaluate multiple offers from multiple lenders before making a final decision on a loan.